July 13, 2011

Primary Children


My role keeps me at the secondary campus most of the time but last week I had the opportunity of visiting both the primary campus and boarding house while the children were there.





We joined in with singing games at recess and I visited a maths lesson with Grade 1 where the children gathered 'data' about the ages of their classmates and then in groups were constructing a bar chart. The children in Grade 1 are aged between 6 and 8. They counted how many of each age were in each house group (red, blue, green and yellow).




They were so well behaved! The teacher Anna just raised her hand whenever she wanted to get their attention!


Children in grades 4,5 & 6 stay Sunday to Thursday night in a boarding campus at Moivaro which is a 15 minute walk from their school at Moshono.




There are about 600 children living there.


I sponsor a room in this boarding house and went to meet "my girls". They are in one room together and Sister Osualida looks after them and 4 other rooms on the same floor. Thirty two girls in all.








We had great fun together and I will have to send them some of the photos I took and be better at keeping in touch now we have met in person.