June 13, 2011

Plan A



It was my grandfather who taught our family the saying "If you have time to spare.......... go by air". I do hope that, in this case, it won't be true!

Plan A is this.

Fly direct to Dubai (which is a mere 14 hours away). This is through the night so I am hoping to get some sleep.  I am reliably informed that I can acquire a hot shower in the transit lounge which will reinvigorate me for the rest of the journey. I am also reliably informed that there are gold teaspoons in the airport coffee shops (as opposed to the plastic stirrers we are served up here.)

From Dubai, I fly to Nairobi in Kenya. This is a 5 hour daytime flight and weather (and window seat permitting), I am hoping to see some of Saudi Arabia and north Africa form the air. Wow!

I will be met in Nairobi and transferred to my hotel where I have booked a "superior" room. The website tells me nothing of the "basic" or "standard" room but that my room will have a wardrobe and a TV! (I am also hoping for a bed and a flushing toilet!)

Early the next morning I am taking the bus to Tanzania. It will no doubt prove an interesting introduction to Africa!

So, that is Plan A. You will have to wait until next week now to see if it all comes to pass without a hiccup!

Bye for now